Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Bridal Hanky - Take 2!

After making one hanky for a wedding I attended, it has now become something I do for my friends.  It is a very special gift that in all of the bridal showers I have attended I had never seen given before.  Now it is not the kind of hanky that a grandpa would carry around.  It is a beautiful reminder of their special day, and it wouldn’t look too bad catching some happy tears while up on the alter.

The first one I made was very basic, as I was still trying to figure out how I wanted it to look.  By the time I was ready to make the second one I had an advantage.

They had a logo.

My idea was to embroider the logo and wedding date onto the hanky and sew lace around the outside to make it pretty.  I spent quite a bit of time trying to get my copy of the logo perfect, but it was well worth it.  I embroidered the letters in grey and the circle around the letters in orange to match their colors.

I was extremely happy with the results.  I even had to compare it to the original logo on their save the date!

I also embroidered the date of their wedding around the side of the circle.  In sewing the hanky closed I thought it would be cute to use their colors again.

I then pinned and sewed on the lace around the hanky using grey thread.  I was very proud of the results.

And she used it to wrap around her bouquet!!!  I was so surprised and happy to see her using it during the ceremony.  :)

I have since made another one that is a bit less traditional looking than this one and hope to get that post up in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment