Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Gluten-Free Food Review - Jennie-O Turkey Burgers










Today I have for you my newest find.  Might not be so new to anyone else but here we go!

I had been wanting to try some frozen pre-made turkey burgers after I ate one at Ale House.  I have no idea what brand they use or if they make their own but they are FABULOUS!!  Anyway I searched through the freezer section at Publix and finally decided on the All Natural Jennie-O Turkey Burgers.  My factors were price per how many burgers I got and if they were gluten-free or not.

The burgers come freeze sealed with two burgers per package.  I only needed to make three for how many people I was feeding but was glad to have the fourth for lunch the next day.

 The directions called for some oil to be added to the pan before the burgers were added.  Sadly I could only fit three of the four burgers in my pan at once.

You cook them for I think about 6 minutes on each side and you flip them twice.  So I cooked them for 6 minutes on each side twice.  I might have read the directions wrong but they seemed to cook up just fine.

Once they were done cooking I had to put them on a paper towel because they were just so greasy.  At one point when I was cooking them it felt like I was cooking bacon since it was popping grease at me so much.

They were tasty and enjoyable.  I even added a piece of cheese to mine.  I would be willing to buy this brand again but I think I might go for a leaner turkey meat.

I also checked out their website and found that they have two different kinds of meatballs that are gluten-free.  I had not seen them at the store but I think I want to check them out.  In checking around more of the website they seem to have some other turkey burger meats that I might want to try.

If you have experience with Jennie-O products let me know what you think!

Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment