Monday, April 16, 2012

What I'm Reading - Fables #12

I took a few days off, I am sure that you have noticed.  I went to a new BBQ place with co-workers on Friday and it was delicious!!  That is my excuse for being absent on Friday.  Also on Friday my parents came up to watch Staci's first acapella concert.  It was very good but very long.  Then Saturday we got to spend lots of time together.

So I am trying to get  back to normal this week.  I finally finished the Fat Bride book last week and I actually ended up enjoying it.  I just wished that it has started in the middle and went on longer than it did.  I feel as though halfway through the book the author made a choice to make the chapters shorter to focus on something funny rather than making a longer more detailed story.

Anyway.  On to what I am reading now!  I am back on Fables.

I am not very far into it but I can already tell that bad bad things are going to happen.  SPOILER ALERT!!  If you have not read the earlier books please stop here!

Geppetto is now in Fabletown and pretty much everyone hates him and does not want him there.  Two thieves back in the Homelands found a huge treasure but were not satisfied when they found a mysterious box.  As a hint this box was kept closed by heavy chains and a lock.  Of course they didn't take the hint and opened it.  A powerful spirit figure came out.  Somehow Geppetto could tell it was opened even from Fabletown...  I am very worried about will be happen next.

I can't wait to finish it.

5 comments:

  1. Ah! This is the next one I have to read!!! I have a summer reading project!

    :) See you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to check in just to see if you finished the Fat Bride book! I'm glad her tush wasn't staring at me when this post loaded. :) I haven't read any of these fables books but the cover is pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha. Yea I figured I needed to give everyone a break from seeing the cover of the book. :) I was never really into comic books because for me they are much list audio books. I have to really focus on what I am looking at (or for an audio book listening too) or else I space out thinking of other things. Being on the 12th one I have found my rhythm and really enjoy them.

      Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You should check out some of the other ones too if you liked this one!

      Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete