Monday, April 23, 2012

What I'm Reading Monday! Fables 13: The Great Fables Crossover


You read that right.  I am still on a Fables kick.  This one will probably take me a while since it is 220 pages or so.

I didn't understand the title of the book at first but I am starting to get it.  Apparently the Fables are just beginning to consider how they were all created and continue to exist.  It was mentioned back in #3 or so that the more powerful Fables are those whose stories are read and shared by the Mundy's.  But who started those stories?  Was it one person?  A group of people?  Are they still writing their lives or are they on their own now?  All of these questions and more have been presented so far in the first 100 pages.  I don't want to give too much away since I am sure not everyone has read them.  I wouldn't wait to spoil it for anyone.

I will of course let you know how I liked it. :)

Happy reading!

6 comments:

  1. I miss Fables. I want more. I read the entire Walking Dead and Y: Last Man series as well. I am going to start Joe Hill's Locke & Key soon. All just killing time until the new Fables comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the new one is going to be coming out sometime this year but I am worried what I will do once I am all caught up too! I haven't read the Jack of Fables books so that might keep me entertained for a while. I just might have to check out the ones that you mentioned too!

      Delete
  2. Now, I'll be honest- I didn't read your post because I want to read it myself :) but I am so happy you take part in this meme, it means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I understand. I am almost finished. I think I should be done by Thursday so I can just pass it off to you if you are ready for it... if not I can bring it over once you are.

      Delete
  3. Interesting! I just saw on another blog that someone read Big Boned by Meg Cabot and there was someone with a veil - I'm guessing a bride? - on the cover and I thought of you. :) I haven't read it but I love Meg Cabot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh maybe I will have to check that out. I think I have read one of her books and enjoyed it... :)

      Delete