Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pinterest Copy Cat - Closet Cleaning

I realized on Sunday that it was the first of April.

First of all I hate April Fool's Day so I planned to stay away from anyone that just might try to play a trick on me.  Second, the bf got up and went into work (they are on mandatory overtime) which left me to do all of the Sunday chores.  Normally we split them, he does the vacuuming and I do everything else.  So on days he is gone I get stuck doing the vacuuming too.

As I was getting the laundry out of the closet I realized it had been three months since I went though my clothes and turned the hangers the wrong way.  The goal was to turn them the wrong way and as I used them, the clothes would be put back on the hanger the right way.  It would help truly identify which clothes I used and which I didn't.  I always think that I need new clothes and I almost bought these on Saturday:
Me at the Loft.  My newest most favorite store
I am still this close to buying them...  we shall see.  If you let me know you like them I might go ahead and buy them. :)

But back to my closet.  I found this


You see how some of the hangers are backwards?

Well here is a close up.  Basically all of the ones on the left end I have not worn since January 1st.  Three whole months.  So I went though all of the backwards hangers and really thought about if I didn't wear it because it was too small or that I had just forgotten it was there.  I then removed the ones that I would not wear because they were too small and left the ones that I might wear later.  I did leave the hangers backwards for those.


 This is the pile that I was able to get rid of.  Off to Goodwill they went.  Hopefully someone will find them and love them.


I now have all of these free hangers!!!



And I have more space for new clothes!!!  Plus three more months to see if I will wear the backwards hanger clothes.  I might have even more space after that.

You wondering what the bf's side looks like?


Yea.... so much more organized than mine.  One day I hope to have my clothes organized by color too...

No comments:

Post a Comment