Friday, April 27, 2012

Food Friday - Stir Fry and Tilapia










The bf's parents have been growing several brussel sprout plants and they are finally ready!  Last weekend when we went over we picked about 2 dozen of the things.  I was dying all week to make something with them.  I was lazy and didn't grocery shop last weekend either so I had to stop at the store to pick up what I needed.  Continuing with the laziness of the weekend I bought a pre-cut stir fry pack of veggies



So what I ended up with was brussel sprouts, fresh garlic, stir fry veggies (with three kinds of peppers and two kinds of onion!!), and thawed frozen tilapia I was going to cook as well.

First the brussel sprouts had to be washed and the first few leaves of each one taken off.

The bf cut them up into quarters.



All of the stir fry stuff went into the pan.

I even bought the bf a special container for it!
We have a secret weapon when it comes to making  veggie stir fries now.  And it is homemade imitation Kobe soy sauce.  Learn how to make it by visiting this post.

While that was cooking I took the rub I got from my friend a while ago and coated the tilapia.  (I really can't get my photos to work the way I want them to today).

Cooked up the tilapia in a separate pan.

When the veggies were almost done I added in some garlic!


I was pretty lucky to have the bf helping me cook because the fish and the veggies were ready at almost the exact same moment!  That hardly EVER happens when I cook. :)

The rub was pretty peppery and a little spicy but VERY delicious!  The veggies were perfect together and the brussel sprouts definitely tasted fresh.

Thanks for visiting and hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment