Thursday, April 19, 2012

I’m having visions…


No sillys.  Not those kinds of visions.  My visions are of my imaginary craft room.  See, the bf is trying to find a house to buy and at the beginning I was very much involved in voicing my opinions of things.  Well over the past year and a half I have decided that all I really care about is having a room of my very own.  He wants a very particular set up house (open kitchen/living room concept, largish bedrooms, a large yard, and a pool) so I know that whatever we end up getting will (eventually) be really nice.
The problem for me is that all of the ones that he is attracted to are fixer-uppers, and not the just needs a new coat of paint and flooring fixer-uppers.  Like the “omg there is absolutely no kitchen in that house” kind of houses.  I have seen quite a few with no actual kitchen.  But anyway, I am getting off track.  He has experience in fixing things and knows that to look for in a house much more than me so I have decided that all I care about if whatever house is purchased is a craft room.  A room all to myself where I can leave it as messy or as organized messy as I want.
I have learned over the past four months that I needed a creative outlet and the sewing and blogging stuff I have done has done that.  I want to keep being able to do those things and I have found that our two bedroom apartment is just not big enough for me and all of my “stuff”.  I don’t have the ability to leave my newest projects out on the kitchen table for days until I can finish them because I feel bad the table can’t be used.  So I end up not starting projects that would take longer than the time I have so that I don’t take up valuable apt space.
However, even though I do not have the physical room yet I have certainly created one in my mind.  It is perfect and has everything I could possibly want and my goal is to make it happen.
I went to MyDeco to make a mood board at the referral of Jen at Always a Project via this post.  l created an account and quickly realized that what I really envisioned was just not there.  So here is my non-mood board board of my imaginary craft room (many of the images I had pinned on Pinterest).
1. First I want blue walls.  I have always loved blue and feel that it is a very calming color. 
The big bar at the top is the color I want.  The rest are colors from the paint sample.
These are the complimenting colors.  The big bar at the top and the small square at the left are of the blue I might want.
I love the Determination but also am liking the It’s a Boy.  These are Olympic colors.
2.  Once the walls are done I am next looking to wall decals.  I found one that I LOVE via Pinterest.  It is of a dandelion being blown into the wind.
It reminds me of being a kid and having no cares in the world.  I think that it would look great in white over top one of the blue walls.  It is from Dali Decals.
3.  For flooring I have decided the best would be wood.  I think it would be easiest to sweep and get the random threads, fabrics, and other crafty trash that gets created.  I also want a dark dark wood that has some character and isn’t completely smooth flat.  I realize I sound kinda crazy with that description but it makes sense to me.  Some examples to try to portray my thoughts are below pulled from a google search of dark wood floors.
Yay dark wood!
Woo texture!
The first is about the coloring I would want and the second is the texturing I want.  Hopefully I can find the perfect thing once I actually can make this happen!
4. I feel the best way to compliment my beautiful blue walls, cute dandelion, and super dark wood floors is all white furniture.  I feel like it would look so clean and would work well to inspire me to keep things clean and organized.

I do have more ideas but I want to develop them further before I share them.  But you get the idea of the look and feel I am going for.



No comments:

Post a Comment