So I started working at a new job (which I must tell you all about at another time) and within a week was invited to a surprise baby shower for a co-worker. I hadn't met her at the time, but knew that I would rather make something than buy something. The mom-to-be for a second time, knew she was having a girl but was worried about the possibility of the tech being wrong on the gender. So I planned to make a gender neutral gift. you know, just in case.
While I was in JoAnn's searching for Janet's gift for her bridal shower (yup gotta post about that one too) I saw this absolutely adorable fabric that I immediately knew I had to use for my co-workers gifts.
I was in love. I didn't buy it initially because I was on a time crunch to get Janet's stuff done and could not afford the distraction of cutie little lions.
So Jon and I made a trip to JoAnn's a week later to buy the baby shower fabrics. And while I was intent on using the lions, Jon found the same fabric but with elephants! They were super cute too! Then the shelf the lion fabric rested on was broken and we ended up finding another fabric with monkeys!!! Decision. Overload.
After much deliberating the monkeys were out because their size would not work well with my "vision" of the end result. The lions would have been perfect for my "vision" but Jon convinced me they weren't girl friendly enough to be a gender neutral fabric.
I got home and got straight to work on my plan.
All in all, a success.
I have several more posts planned (Julie I am going to get it together!) and hope to get them up soon.