Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Gluten-Free Food Review: Butternut Squash

The gluten-free food review for this week was kinda a bust.  I know I shouldn't start my post with that, but it is totally true.  I do have to explain that I realized that I really don't like butternut squash... which might have been why I ended up not really liking the souffle.

I thought this looked really good on the box, because it reminded me of sweet potatoes.  I had never had any of the Garden Lites brand before so I didn't know what to expect.


I was surprised at how large the bowl was.  The box said that the souffle was meant to be a side dish not a full meal.  But with how big it was I could have had just that!

I couldn't really tell when it was done or not since it looked just about the same as when I put it in to cook.  I just had to guess.

It looked light and moist inside.  I still wasn't sure if it was completely cooked but I had met the time specifications on the box.

I have to say I almost spit my first bite out.  I was completely expecting it to taste very similar to a sweet potato.  It totally did not.  The texture was similar and I am sure would have been very enjoyable to someone that actually liked butternut squash.

I sadly threw almost all of it away.

I do have another of these but a different veggie that I hope to try soon.  I will let you know if I liked it better than this one.

Tomorrow is my final day with a desk at work in our current location.  I am not sure what we will be doing on Friday since we won't have desks, computers, or internet...

No comments:

Post a Comment