Monday, August 13, 2012

What I'm Reading Monday - Who needs a man?

I have slacked on posting again (mostly because my computer at work can't handle all of my multitasking during lunch time).  I hopefully will have a better go at it this week.  I may start having to just post random life happenings just to get me back into the groove of posting everyday again.

Anyway on to the good stuff.

I have been a busy reader.  Mostly because I have a lot of different things started.

Jon and I finished Airborn.  I really enjoyed it and was glad that it tied everything up very nicely.  I liked that each character had a different reader.

[Source]
Of course I had the second one ready to go.  It is Skybreaker by Kenneth Oppel.  It continues Matt and Kate's story by hunting after a ship that most people had thought smashed into the ocean years and years before.  I really disliked how they got a different person to read for Kate's character.  It was driving me crazy on the way to work the first morning.  I am starting to get used to it now that the book is well into the 10th chapter, but I think I would have enjoyed the first reader more.

I am still working on Mysterious Skin.  I am about 1/3 of the way through and I am beginning to see how all of their lives are starting to come together.  I am still a little weirded out by some of the stuff happening in the story - all of the molestation of kids is a little off-putting.  I am thinking how all of this would translate to the big screen and I don't think I want to watch the movie... the book is descriptive enough.


I have made absolutely no progress on Alibi In High Heels.  I have to say that Mysterious Skin has me completely distracted from it.

[Source]
Kellee let me borrow a graphic novel from her and she asked if I could get it back to her before school started.  Well her school starts with kids next week so I decided I better start reading it today.  I managed to start and finish it today.  It is Princeless Book One: Save Yourself by Jeremy Whitley.  I really liked the idea of the princess saving herself from the tower and the "horrible fire breathing dragon".  The images were very well thought out and organized.  Easy to follow.  I actually am a little curious how the story proceeds from where it left off in the first book.  Maybe Kellee can get me on the waiting list. :)
[Source]
Lastly I started a book that I have to read for my class I will be taking with Staci.  I didn't get far enough to even really review it yet.  But from the preface I think it will be very interesting.  I will have to fill you in more on it later.

Not to mention that I have many many hours of recorded Olympics to contend with my books.  I have to say that I think I did a fair job balancing them all out.  Which means that Olympics for me aren't over!!

Hope everyones week is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment