Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Peek Into My Life: No Longer too Cool for School


As an employee of UCF I am lucky enough to have the ability to take a class to two for free each semester.  I have not taken them up on this offer until now.

This is my sisters last year at UCF and I am devastated.  I have loved having her here and wish UCF would have had a program for what she wants to major in.

With her leaving soon, she got an idea in her head that we should take a class together.  Now, I have not taken classes since I graduated in 2009.  That is a long time.  I am not sure how I will deal with having another thing listed on my daily checklists.

But I am going to do it.  Especially since it means that I will have a guaranteed 3 hours with her each week.  I mean she is even picking me up from work and driving me to class!!

We went and bought our books this past week.  It was weird being in the bookstore again.  And apparently they are letting you rent books now.  I am not exactly sure how I feel about that.

I even treated myself to a new composition book to take notes in.  Staci thinks it is crazy that I want to take hand-written notes because she does everything on the computer.  I will just have her send me the notes.  :)

I have about two weeks till classes start and I am getting excited.

It may cause me to want to continue taking classes to explore if I really do like accounting...

Hope everyone's second day of school is going great (or teacher planning days)!

No comments:

Post a Comment