Monday, August 20, 2012

What I'm Reading Monday: Off to the Moon!!

I am a little late on this one, but I still managed to get it done!!  I have had a busy week.  I hopefully will find time to catch you up and post about the things I have made!!

Another week has gone by with me completely leaving this book alone.  I mean I carry it everywhere with me because it is on my phone, but it just isn't my first choice.  I might have to schedule some one on one time with this book this week.

I finished Mysterious Skin.  And I am very glad I did because it was very disturbing to read about what happened.  I dont' want to give too much away for those that might actually want to read it.  The remainder of the molestation and hustling references were just too much for me.  I am curious about how people get to that point in their life but I don't really want to know the play by play after the fact.

Jon and I finished Skybreaker and I loved it just as much as the first.  I did manage to enjoy the new Kate's voice by the end of the book (still not as good as the first reader though).  The adventure was going on so long that I was worried that it would end in the middle of it.  Don't worry it doesn't.  I did feel as though a bit more explaining about what happened to each character was needed.  You don't learn what they do once the expedition is over.

[Source]

I, of course, immediately started the final book in the series Starclimber.  I really don't like this Kate's voice.  I am loving the training that Matt has to go through to see if he is space worthy.  They, of course, don't know exactly what space is like since this would be the first group of people to go that high.  I can't wait to get to the point where they head out.  I am curious how similar it would be to how space is in real life.

I have made no progress on this book either.  Mostly due to the fact that for a few days I was not sure if I would even be able to take the class with my sister... stupid re-applying to school.  But the professor teaching the class is awesome and allowing me to sit in!!!  I will be updating you on this book and the other one we are to read in class shortly I am sure.

[Source]

I also am planning to start reading the next Fables book this week.  We shall see if I am able to finish it too... :)

Hope everyone has a great week back at school!!

No comments:

Post a Comment