Friday, September 21, 2012

Food Friday: Turkey Hummus Wraps

I have a great recipe for you today.  Nice and easy and a great snack!  Let's get on to the show.

You will want to gather the ingredients.  I also happened to have a super awesome boyfriend who cut up my cucumbers perfectly.  BTW the super awesome boyfriend isn't a required ingredient but it makes it much nicer. ;)

First you want to start with the turkey.  I laid mine out on tin foil for easy clean up.

Second you want to slather on some hummus.  I didn't put on too much because I was not sure how messy it would end up being.  Feel free to put more.

Now place the cucumbers.  I felt that two was the perfect amount because I wanted to still be able to fold the turkey into a roll.

Next put the red peppers.  I love red peppers so I decided to put on a handful.  They were also sliced fairly thin to allow for the aforementioned folding.

Now the final veggie is the green bean.  I know it seems silly to add in green beans but I really like them.  Cooked, steamed, raw, whatever.  It will add a little bit of crispy crunch.

The last step is to roll the turkey up.  I also cut mine in half so they were easier to handle when eating.

And here they are in their packaged glory!  Don't they just look so delish?!  I have to say they were very very good.  It was the perfect "I am hungry but not hungry enough for a meal".

I did notice that after they sat in the refridge over night they became a little watery.  I am not exactly sure which component was responsible for the wateriness.  It might be a good idea to place them on a paper towel.  Or to completely solve that problem, you could just eat them right away. :)

Enjoy the ease of a yummy snack!

P.S. I made it a whole week of postings!!!!  Yay maybe I can make it two!

No comments:

Post a Comment