Monday, September 10, 2012

What I'm Reading Monday: Black Heart

I have been reading a bit this week.  Some for fun, some for class.  I felt very successful when I logged onto Goodreads twice to mark books as completed!


 
Nope, this was not one of the books I was able to finish.  I did read about a chapter or so while I was waiting for appointments and what not during the week.  All I know is that after this book I have two or three more in the series to read.  I think it is going to take me forever!

For my class I actually had one of the readings for the week from this book!  Of course the reading was Chapter 5 or something ridiculous.  I very much like to read and do things in order, and this was very out of order for me.

I finished Fables 14!  I enjoyed it up until the last two sections.  I felt like they had come out of no where and didn't really tie into the rest of the Witches part of the book.  It lead me to wonder if it is going to tie in with the next book (which I have pulled and waiting for me but not started yet) or if it truely was just a look inside another part of the Fables world.

I finished this book up and I was guessing who the killer was until the end.  I loved it.  Kellee was right that I would want to start the final book right away.  It stopped at such a cliff hanger that I almost thought I had one more chapter to go on the CD.

 
[Source] 
So the next day I started Black Heart.  I have gotten about an hour into it and Cassel's troubles are starting up again.  This poor kid can't catch a break.

I will be able to meet my Goodreads goal this year.  I can not remember what my original goal was last year but I had to lower it as I would have never reached it.  This year I wanted to read 50 books and I am about 6-8 books away from reaching my goal.  I still have three months to keep reading to exceed my goal!!  Since I have started listening to audiobooks my reading has increased 10 fold.  I no longer feel like I am wasting time driving to work and back everyday.  It still takes just as long but I don't feel like it takes as long as it does.

Happy Monday and hope this is the last full week before Jon owns a house!  I have to keep telling myself that so it will start to feel real.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so glad that I have helped you make your goal and that you love the Curse Workers series (I do too!). Looking forward to hearing what you think about Black Heart and then Graceling.

    Don't forget to link up over at TMT.

    ReplyDelete