Friday, February 17, 2012

Food Friday - Pressure Cooker Stuffed Peppers

First of all I have to say - THESE WERE AMAZING!!!  Okay, now that that is out of the way I can explain what we did. :)

I had wanted to make stuffed peppers in the crockpot for over a week.  It was getting to the point where if I didn't make them soon the peppers would not be good anymore.  Well Tuesday was the day, but I didn't have enough time to cook them in the crockpot so I decided to cook them in the pressure cooker.  I went to the store and bought the meatloaf mix from the Italian Pie Publix recipe.



So basically you will need the ingredients for the meat mixture: Some Italian Seasoning and...
Bruschetta and diced pimentos
Frozen Spinach

Chopped turkey pepperoni and salami

Meatloaf meat mix (it is pork and beef)
Red peppers (or whatever color is preferred)
Cook all of the meat mixture ingredients together.

We also cooked up some Quinoa instead of rice and ended up using some spaghetti sauce on the peppers.

While that is cooking you can start cutting up the peppers.  Cut out the insides of the pepper and do not throw away the top.

Stuff the pepper with the meat mixture and the quinoa (or rice).


Put the peppers in the pressure cooker.  I put some spaghetti sauce at the bottom with a little bit of water so that the peppers would not burn on the bottom.

I placed a little bit more spagetti sauce and water around the peppers and added some sauce on top.  We even added in a few potatoes in there.  Place the tops of the peppers back on.


Close the pressure cooker.  I put it on high until the top got shaking very fast then I turned it down to medium high for 17 minutes.
The silver button being up means it has been pressurized!
Then to bring down the pressure after the timer goes off, I place the pot under cool water until the pressure releases.

Then I get to open it up and see the goodness!!!

CLOSE UP!!!
 Here is my pepper with the little potatoes we put in there.  It was soooooooooooo good.  The bf does not like peppers and he ate most of the pepper!

If you want to try it out and have questions let me know!!

Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment