Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Gluten-Free Food Review - Turkey Frozen Dinner












Welcome!!  I am still in a super awesome mood from the mail I got yesterday.  Two more days and then I can reveal!

On to what you are here for :)

I have had today's review item several times now and I continue to enjoy it every time.  It is the Savory Turkey Organic Bistro frozen dinner meal.

Doesn't it just look so delicious?!

I was heating this up yesterday in the breakroom and several ladies commented on the difference the picture looked from the real thing.  Especially went it came to the color of the lentil and quinoa pilaf and the lack of sauce.

Regardless of this discrepancy, the meal was very enjoyable.  I must say the consistency of what the meal looks like once it is heated is pretty much the same every time.  The beans and carrots tasted fresh to me and the flavor of the quinoa and lentil pilaf is delicious and almost a little peppery.  The turkey is moist and flavorful as well.  The mushrooms hide within the bottom of the turkey pilaf mix so search them out.  I enjoy mushrooms but if you happen not too, I don't believe the mushroom taste overpowers any of the other parts of the dish.  You are wondering about the sauce aren't you.  Well, I think it ends up getting sucked up by the pilaf.  In the very middle of the picture of the meal it looks a little saucy.  That is about the extent of it.  Even with the lack of luxurious sauce like the box photo shows I still really like this meal.

Like I said before I have bought this meal several times and enjoyed each one.  I like it because it is a quick gluten-free meal that I can bring to work if I don't have time to put something together in the morning (or more like I don't feel like it).

I have yet to try the other meat/side combinations, but they have beef, chicken, and salmon as other proteins.  If you happen to have tried the others please let me know what you think!!

On last thing.  My sister Jill sent this via group text to Staci and I this morning.  I almost died laughing.  Luckily I was alone in my car at the time so no one thought I was crazy.

All of our birds loved looking at themselves in the mirror and talking to themselves.  Obviously they thought it was another bird. :)  Hopefully you enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment