Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pinterest Pick - Photo Books

I first must admit that I have not visited Pinterest very much this week.  I have been busy at work and at home.  Unfortuatley all of that doing doesn't have many finished projects.  Oh well, I must learn to be better about getting five or ten projects started at once.

But on to what you are here to see!  My Pinterest pick this week is......

Photo Books!  I recently had a mishap with my cutesy little panda shaped USB where EVERYTHING was erased from it.  At this time no recovery has been possible.  Lucky for me I didn't have too many things on there.  Some PDFs of free printables from blogs I read.  I have yet to try to find the ones I lost again.  I had some of my Picnik images on there too, but I have them both on work and my home computers.

As a result of loosing everything on my USB I kinda went overboard in my worrying and realized that I have years and years and years of photos saved on my computer and two external hard drives that could possibly disappear in the same way!  Overboard I know.  But it really got me thinking about the safety of my photos.

I have most of my photos because I was one of the Historians for my sorority Tau Beta Sigma.  TBS is a musically based sorority that focuses on service for bands at our schools and elsewhere.  So back to the photos.  I (along with my co-historian) was responsible for taking photos at every event that we had.  Also since I was historian of the sorority I was also automatically historian for the UCF Marching Knights.  I had to take pictures of people at each game.  To make sure that I didn't take pictures of the same people over and over I made sure to take pictures of EVERYONE at EVERY game.  Needless to say my hard drive is full.

I have many of these photos posted up to Facebook so if I happened to loose everything I still would have some of them somewhere.  However that is not good enough for me.  I want them where they will always be safe.

Enter my co-worker and her idea.  She used to make hard copy scrapbooks (which I have a huge tub filled with things I have hardly used that I must show you later) and now she makes them via one of the photo book websites.  She said it is so much faster and easier and takes a lot less time.  The only problem is you aren't able to get as personal as you might like.

Faster and easier?  Yes I like that.  So I have decided that I need to explore and learn about the different websites to see which one is the best.  Thank you Pinterest because someone included a pin perfect for that (Photo Books).  I have yet to read the whole post reviewing each of the different photo book websites them but I will.  And soon because I have a lot of photos to go through and decide if they are worthy of being forever printed in a photo book.  If anyone has experiences with any I would love to hear them.

I realized now that I will have to share more about TBS and the Marching Knights as they were such a HUGE part of my college career.  But not today.  Today I get to drive to Lakeland to visit with my Mom, Aunt, and my mom's Aunt.

Happy day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment