Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Long over due Burp Cloth reveal

First off I have to say that I got mail today.  As in a super special surprise mail that isn't even really for me!!  I am so excited!!  It is killing me that I can't share it with you yet...  someone special has to see it first.

Secondly, I have had this project done for what feels like AGES.  I just have seemed to find other things that I wanted to blog about more.  So now for the long awaited reveal of my cutesy baby burp cloth!!!

Now you may be thinking, "hey she already did a burp cloth that she showed us already".  Yes, you are correct.  I did share one set of burp cloths I made here.  But the pack of burp cloths I had came with four and I had run out of rick rack so I decided to use some of the ribbon that I bought from the most lovely website Pick Your Plum.

I know, I have made you wait long enough. :)  Soooo onto the picture parade!

I had one left over from this pack.


I had already washed and pressed the cloth so that it was nice a flat again (they sure do get wrinkly after being washed).  I placed the cloth on the table and practiced with the ribbon to see how far around it would make it.
I didn't make it all the way around before I had to take a picture
I began pinning at the top.  I made sure to have some of the ribbon fold over the edge to decorate the back a little (making sure I had a nice clean edge).



The I pinned all of the way until I arrived at a corner.  I finally decided I wanted to make the corner look a little different so I did this:


See how my finger is poking under the ribbon.  That is my highly scientific way of showing how the fold was.

Then I finished pinning the rest of the way (I made it through the second corner and didn't have enough for the other two corners).  Enter the blue ribbon!!


I pinned it all of the way around and did the corners in the same way.


I sewed the bad boy up with two seams of white thread.  I was even very impressed with the straightness of the seams too!!

Here is what I did on the back.  On the opposite corner the blue was overlapping the green.  I think it gives it a little surprise so that back isn't so boring.

Ta-da!  All done!

AND I even have some extra photoy goodness today!  So I had the ribbon out and it was hanging over the end of the table and guess who decided to play with it...






Yes, it was the kitten.  I love her.  I will have to show you later what she does whenever the bf and I are at the table.  Just killer cuteness... and possibly a little annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment