Monday, March 26, 2012

Reading Review!

I am taking another weeks break from Mentor Monday to share the newest Fables book I am almost finished with!  Yes, I am a bit obsessed!


It continues the story of the Fables in NYC planning War with the Empire in the Homelands.  I am within the last 30 pages or so and I can not wait to see how it ends!!  I managed to get the bf to buy me the next 3 books (I was totally going to pay but he said he would, hey who am I to argue), which will get me up through book 14.  I think book 15 is the newest arc printed in book form... I will be sad after that since I will have to wait for the next book to come out.

Anyway, back to it!  This book involves many of the standard fables found in most all of the books and some of the more recently introduced fables as well.  There is action, explosions, battle, and valiant acts.

You should check it out... you know after you catch up on all of the earlier ones that is. :)

I'm linked up over at Teach Mentor Texts for What Are You Reading Monday you should check them out.

6 comments:

  1. I too am obsessed with Fables. There are 16 in print currently. I can't believe I have to wait until July for the next one, vol. 17! I am also loving The Walking Dead and Y: The Last Man. Enjoy your Fables! Here is my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-Ts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am catching up too fast!!! I have been enjoying the Walking Dead TV show A LOT. I have yet to try to pick up the books. I am worried that my imagination will make everything seem much more scary. Can you explain more about Y: The Last Man. I see it all of the time in the comic store my bf and I go to.

      Delete
  2. Man- 17?! I only read through 12- I will have to get going!

    Thanks for participating this week Amanda- love to hear about what you are reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well don't worry! I am sure I will buy them all so once you have a spare minute I am sure you can catch up. :)

      I am finding that by making myself post about reading I make sure to read more during the week. Maybe I will manage to really meet my goal on Goodreads!

      Delete
  3. I haven't even heard of this series! Looks like fun...but also a loooooot of books. Maybe summer reading for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sooooo good!! And since it is a graphic novel you can get through them very quickly. I read this last one (#11) in about an hour. It all just depends upon how much you look at the pictures... or how long it takes you to figure out what order the dialogue bubbles go in... :)

      Delete