Friday, March 30, 2012

Git 'Er Done Link up


Welcome any readers visiting from Cheri's Git 'Er Done Link Up Party!!  I am very excited to be participating in my first "crafting/creative" link party!  I hope you enjoy and leave a comment so I can say hi and thanks for stopping by!


The project I share with you today was started weeks ago.  You remember it right?  No, the mess was not splayed all over the floor like in these pictures.  I like piles so once I stopped this project it was all stacked up nice and neat... on the floor.  Okay you got me on that part.


But it did take Cheri over at I Am Momma to inspire me to finish it.  She spent this week sharing the chores around the house she had kept putting off doing.  I thought, “hey I have one of those!  I should join the link up party on Friday!!  Maybe I can make some more blog friends too!!”  Yes.  I am all about making new blog friends.  Everyone is so nice and creative and I just want to know everyone!!  Okay, way off topic…

The whole purpose was to get rid of my accordion coupon holders for a more visually appealing, and not to mention easier to use, option.

Now I am not a big couponer.  I love a good coupon but because of my allergies and make up provider of choice (what up Mary Kay!) I don’t use many of the standard coupons.  But I still have enough that it took me way to look to search for usable ones before a trip to the grocery store.
I started by emptying the accordion folder and sorting the coupons into a few different piles.  Expired, close to expiring, and not expired.

Now I keep my expired coupons and give them to my coworker.  She found out that the military men and women stationed outside of the US can use the expired coupons at their stores.  She sends them once she has a big stack.  Google it.  You can find tons of websites that tell you how to do it.
I then took the close to expiring and decided if they were items that I needed during my next shopping trip or I knew they were already on sale (gotta love when that happens).  If I was definitely not going to use the coupon it went in the expired coupon pile.
With those two piles tackled and my grocery list already started for the week I moved to the last pile of coupons.  The ones that I wanted to keep.  I took a few moments to decide how I wanted the coupons within the book to be sorted.  Did I want to do it by store placement, dates, type of foods, cold vs. non-cold?  I finally went with how the Publix I shop at all of the time is laid out.  That way I could bring the binder with me and easily flip the pages as I went to the different sections of the store.
When buying my binder necessities at the office store I could not decide between the types of pages I wanted.  I ended up buying a pack of the baseball card size that opened at the top and a business card sized pockets that opened horizontally.  I decided which page style to use based upon the coupon shapes for that area of the store.


I was so proud of myself when I was done I decided to use the extra binder I bought to make a binder of all of the restaurant coupons we have.
Enter the mess… again.


But look how lovely they look!!  Much easier to use.



I even put in some sheet protectors at the back of the restaurant binder so that we can put the delivery menus in there!!  Everything all together.  Just like I like it.

 

 This project was easy, fairly inexpensive, and will be used on a weekly basis!

A big thank you to Cheri for inspiring me to finish the project I started.  I am linked up at her place today for the party!  You should visit to see the other projects her readers completed.

Oh and for my regular readers: I didn't forget to show you the surprise I got for the bf.  I will share it tomorrow... and the  I Am Momma visitors have already seen it.  Cheri had gotten one for her boys.  Hey what can I say.  I am a copy cat, but I like to give credit where it's due.  :)

4 comments:

  1. That's AWESOME!!! I love how you can see all the coupons. Mine always expire before I use them because I don't end up seeing them. Great thinking and thanks for joining the party! You rock!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny- my husband does the coupons in our house (I'm lucky, I know!), and this is exactly how he stores them!! And it makes it really easy for me if I'm looking for one as well!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome ! Great job ! Im stopping over from Cheri's page, and Im a new follower :)
    If you have a chance I'd love if you checked out my blog as well. Keep up the great blog !

    http://talesofadomesticmama.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new follower!!!! yay!!! I will most definitely check out your blog too. :) Welcome welcome!

      Delete