Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Gluten-Free Food Review: Almond butter

My review for you today is something that even surprised me!  I have been trying to limit the amount of sugar I eat and Staci said that I should try almond butter.  If it is made with just the nuts it shouldn't have any sugar added!

This is the one that I bought.

I didn't end up buying one without added sugar.  BUT it is organic so that is better right?

Overall the stats on this almond butter are much better than the jar of peanut butter that I was looking at.  I had it at work for a really long time (kinda avoiding using it just in case I didn't like it).  I finally opened it a few weeks ago when I got desperate for a snack at work (yes, I use one of my overheads as a mini pantry).

It was so pretty when I opened it for the first time.  It looked like peanut butter but it didn't smell quite like it.

This is what it looked like after I used it.  AAANNNDDDDD

I put it on a (very plain) low salt Publix rice cake.  I was delicious.  The almond butter was thick but smooth.  It has a slightly sweet taste that was perfect with the light saltiness of the rice cake.

If you have been on the fence about trying almond butter I think you should go for it!  You might be surprised and actually like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment