Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Today is My Birthday!

I have been having a fabulous birthday.  As I mentioned I went home over the weekend in part to celebrate Mother's Day but also my birthday.  I will be sharing sewing I was able to accomplish later this week along with my mom and I's failure in baking too.  But today I want to share some of the lovely things people have already done for me... and my day is only half over!  I promise I am not bragging, I am just excited to receive such thoughtful things and I like to share.

I received my first gifts from my parents and grandmother which included: new shoes!, a cute tshirt, a gift card to Publix, and some fun money.  I will have to take pictures of the shoes later as they are super cute!

From Jon's parents I received a new sewing machine!!!  They work estate sales in the area and one of the most recent ones happened to have a pretty much brand new (PINK) Juliet machine.  I think they ended up buying a case for me (which means they probably spend too much on me).  She also bought a little purse for me from one of her clients.  I even have the chance to detail it with what I want!  (I forgot to take pictures of that this morning... I will be sure to do that when I get home).

I told you it was pink!

The thread and everything is contained within it not on top!

I just have to show you all of the stitches it will do!  I haven't gone through the manual yet but I can't wait to use them all!
So many stitches!!


Today I have received a bunch of stuff!  My officemate at work brought me in several items to add to my collection saying that she saw them and couldn't resist getting them.  I have to say I agree with her :)

I am a bit of a collector of ducks... and just about everyone knows it... :)  I love the easter themed ones that are as if they are chocolate bunnies.  Especially with an ear bit off.  I had been talking about these since I saw them in the Oriental Training issue.  I should take a picture of all of my ducks so you can bask in their cuteness.

Another lovely friend I have at work bought me a note pad.  In what I do for work I make a lot of little notes that I always seem to scatter around my desk.  Hopefully this will help me keep them altogether.

But I have to say the best of all was having my sister surprise me at lunch (we went to Greens & Grill) today, which my boss graciously paid for.  Staci even had flowers and a yummy gluten-free cupcake from Sweet! for me!!
The cupcake was devoured quite quickly.

Things yet to happen are my dinner and a movie date with Jon!  And whatever Jon decided to get for me.  :)

Tomorrow I will have for you the baking failure my mom and I experienced when we tried to make me a birthday cake on Saturday night.  It might induce laughing, so be prepared.

Much thanks to those that have showered me with love today (via in person, facebook, text messages, and phone calls).

No comments:

Post a Comment