Friday, May 25, 2012

Food Friday - Eggplant Lasagna



For this edition of Food Friday I have a quick and easy recipe for eggplant lasagna.

First I want to mention the meat mix used is from this post.

Next, you will need these ingredients:

We were lucky to have a HUGE eggplant from Jon's parents garden.  I wish he would have waited long enough so I could have gotten a before picture.

Boil, cook, and cool down the pasta noodles.

While the noodles are cooking the eggplant should be browned.  It is super easy.  Just heat a pan and place the eggplant pieces down.  Wait about 30 - 45 seconds until browned and flip!





Once that is all ready it is time to put the lasagna together!

This is the process we used:
Layer some pasta sauce on the bottom of the pan.  Begin laying the noodles in three layers on top of the sauce.


Once the noodles are in place add on the ricotta cheese.  Jon had the fabulous idea to put the ricotta cheese into the ziploc bag to use like a piping bag!  It made it so much easier!!

We decided that the eggplants should be next.  We layered them like so:

Next came the meat mix.

Cheese!!!  We went light as Jon doesn't like too much cheese.

Sauce it up!  Again less than I would have put if I was making it for myself.  I could drink the stuff.

Put on another layer of noodles and repeat the other ingredients.

Keep going until you have used all of your noodles.  We weren't ready to cook it right away so we hid it in the microwave.  Sorry I for some weird reason can't find my after pictures.  I know I must have taken some...

If you have never eaten eggplant before this is the BEST way to do it.  Jon was weary of trying it and ended up LOVING this lasagna the first time we made it.  He has since requested it on several occasions.  Plus it is a good way to add in some veggies to a very unveggie dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment