Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New Photo Editing Websites

As we all know Picnik is dead.  Unfortunately I didn't learn about the fun creativeness of Picnik until it was a few months away from it's end.  I made a few things for the blog on there while I could.

More recently I wanted to make a banner thing for the topics that I blog about each week, like the What I'm Reading Monday and my Pinterest Pick.  I went to Cheri's blog because she had a great review of a few of the new websites she found.

They are Pic Monkey and iPiccy.  I checked both out two weekends ago and noticed a lot of what Cheri talked about.  Somethings on the websites were beyond my understanding, as I was tired and really focused on wanting to make my banners.

I actually ended up using both to make the banners as I liked the detailing on one program but the fonts on another.  It was really easy since I just saved the image as a jpeg file and uploaded it to the second program to make the second set of edits.

This is what I came up with:
I made this image from using a screenshot of my personal Pinterest boards and created it into my banner!  Once I got the image into the editing websites I changed the exposures and added the boarders.  I then saved it and opened it in the second website to add in the text.  Hehee, did you notice I put a mustache on the duck?

I made this from an image I found during a google search of books.  I opened it in the first website and again edited the exposure and the fuzzing around the edges.  Saved it and opened it in the second website and added the bubble and the text.

It was super easy and I hope to get to the point where I can start editing more photos so that they look nicer than what I have been doing up to this point.  I check out Cheri's website all of the time and she always has really nice photos.  Oh well, here is to having high ambitions and even higher examples to try to emulate!

If you are into using the editing websites please check out Cheri's blog post.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment