Thursday, May 31, 2012

RAWR - Dino Tie

I was quite the crafty one this past weekend.  Partly due to the fact that I could sew an outfit and actually be able to see it on the baby in real time!

Today I will be sharing the Dino tie that I made.  Just wait it is so super cute!

I first started with a brown onesie and my dino fabric.

I traced my pattern onto the fabric with a white fabric pencil.  Jackie wanted the triceratops to be in the knot of the tie and the long neck to be the focus of the tie.


Each piece was cut, pinned to it's opposite with right sides together.  I am funny and like to predetermine where my openings are going to be before I sew.  That way I feel a little better while I am in the process of trying to turn them.

I completed the terrifying job of turning the fabric (the whole time worrying my hole was too small).  They were ironed nice and crisp before I hand sewed the knot to the tie.  I then sewed the tie onto the t-shirt.  I went over the same spot three times to make sure it wouldn't get ripped off by little hands.  It is also important to point out, make sure the back of the shirt doesn't get sewn to the front.... yeah learned from experience the first time I made one.

Washed the shirt and iron the tie pretty again.

Put on the model and oohh and aaahh!!


Isn't he just the CUTEST!!!  I have to say it was much more fun to sew something and almost immediately see it on the person it was made for.

I have more sewing projects to share next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment