Friday, June 1, 2012

Food Friday - Angel Food Cake Win


So I am going to share with you the Angel Food Cake my mom and I made that actually came out right!!

Please remember the recipe here.

Mix the first ingredients.  My mom wanted to make sure to put the eggs in the bowl first since last time it didn't seem to mix right.

 Don't forget the vanilla!

In a second bowl mix the second set of ingredients.  You will notice that there is no green powder this time.  My mom made sure to buy the right kind this time.

We attempted to follow the directions to the letter this time.  We mixed the eggs until fluffy just like we were supposed to.

Then we added the dry ingredients and it got even fluffier!

 
Then we filled the cake pan with the mixture.  We did it in the two sections.  We think it might be because it helps avoid air bubbles.

 Here it is fresh out of the oven.  Look at how high it rose!

The center of the pan has a cylinder that is very large and the only thing we could find that would fit was a coffee cup!  It was comical trying to explain to my dad why we needed it to be upside down and why the cake wouldn't fall out of it.

 After it was all cooled we turned it over and it looks almost exactly like when my uncle made it for us.

 We think the one side fell because it must not have had enough batter to make it all even inside.

 
 My piece of "birthday" angel food cake! I think it looks like an alligator, and airplane, or a car. :)

Add fresh cut strawberries and you have perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment