Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My First Embroidery Experience

While I was on vacation last week I stayed at my cousins.  While she was helping me get sheets and stuff for bed she asked which blankets I wanted to use.  I immediately recognized one of them.  It was a quilt that I helped make!

A long time ago my Aunt (who happens to be my cousins mom) decided a perfect gift for our Memere would be to make her a quilt.  It wouldn't be any ordinary quilt.  Each piece would have a personalized rectangle by each of the kids, spouses, and grand kids.

Before I folded the blanket up to put it away I snapped a quick shot of my square.
My first embroidery project ever!!!
I was dumb and didn't take a picture of the whole thing to show you how creative and beautiful it is.  Sleeping with it made me feel a little closer to my Memere again.  How we all love her and miss her so much.

If my cousin gets back to me with a photo of the whole thing I will add it. :)

EDIT!!!!  Melanie got back to me and sent me a photo!
 

1 comment:

  1. Such happy memories! I must be the wrong cousin...I don't have a picture. ;)

    ReplyDelete