Friday, June 29, 2012

Food Friday - Trail Mix Fever!


For this Food Friday I will be sharing what I made in preparation of our trip to New York!!  I knew that I would need snacks while we were there and I was not sure what the situation would be like once we got there.  I wanted something easy and I didn't want it to have to be refrigerated.  That is how I decided on Trail Mix.





Now I can't have just any trail mix as I have to stay away from wheat/gluten and sugar.  Normal trail mixes have both of those things.  I have made homemade trail mixes before so I knew it wouldn't be that hard.

In my mix I chose to use cashews, almonds, pistachios, Glutino gluten-free pretzels, and for a little flavor I picked banana chips.

 I also put Rick Chex and some sunflower seeds.

Lastly I used raisins for a bit more flavor.  I chose these as they had a lower sugar content than craisins.

I mixed all of the nuts, preztels, and Rice Chex.

I then added the banana chips and pistachios.

The last item I added in was the raisins.  I shook the bag all around to mix the items all together.

I then split up some into smaller sandwich baggies to bring with me to New York.  The rest I left at home for a snack to bring to work.

If you don't the stuff I used to make mine it is super easy to sub in other things.  We have used marshmallows, M&M's, peanuts, and candy corn (which I hate by the way).

I can't wait to share my trip to NY with you!!!  Be ready for photo crazyness probably on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment