Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Taggie Blanket Revisioned

Do you recognize these photos?  I sure hope so!  Notice the fabric hanging over the side of the pack and play?  I hid that from my previous post.  That's what I get to share with you today!

Since we were going to make the blanket in the style of his first taggie blanket, Jackie was tasked with picking out what ribbons she wanted to use.  We were standing in the ribbon aisle for quite some time - I have to say not as long as I would have been deciding.  This is what we finally ended up with.
We decided that the animal prints worked well with the theme of the blanket.

The blanket was going to be twice the size of the one I made before... which meant it was 2 feet by 2 feet!  We decided the order of the ribbons.  Cut and cut and cut.  Jackie helped me place them all and pinned.

All pinned and ready to go.

Then it was time to sew.  I checked each of the corners to see which would be the best to use for turning (yes I am partially paranoid that one day I won't be able to turn it through).  Once that was decided I got to sewing.  But, it was a little different than at home.  Jackie's table is very high.  To the point were my feet are not on the floor when sitting on the chair.  So that means that I got to try my hand at sewing while standing up.
Yes I am using purple thread to sew the blanket.  I mean you can't see the thread I use from the outside. :)
That wine glass was holding very delicious Blueberry Blush from The Georgia Winery
 It was all sewn and turned and ironed to look so pretty.
This was the first time I had ever ironed on a towel!

It was so BIG and jungley!!  Jackie loved it.  Unfortunately we had to wash the thing before we could give it to the cutie pie.

The little one was using it to push himself around on the floor.  It was so cute!  I will have to see if I have video of this to share.

I'm wearing a cute pink sweater at work today... I can't believe I am wearing a sweater in the middle of summer in Florida! All because the office gets cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment