Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Taggie Blankets x2!

Friends of Jon's just recently (on my bday) had twin girls!  Since I had made a cute taggie blanket for a shower my mom had gone too and had enough fabric left over to make 4 more blankets I decided that is what I would make for the girls.

Now I started this back when I went to Jackie's back in May!  I know, it took me a while to finish them.

I embroidered them on the day of mass crafting at Jackie's.  I was pleased with how quickly I was able to complete them.

Back home, I cut out the polka dot fabric to match the size of the pre-cut pink fabric.

I was going to use three different ribbons.

 I cut all of the ribbons the same size.

It took forever to decide how to line them out.  I have a problem if the pattern does not evenly work out.  I went through three or four different options before I found one that worked and I was satisfied with.

I pinned all of the way around.  I had to make sure that both layers of fabric were lining up correctly once they were pinned.  Bad cutting on my part.

I got to us my new sewing machine!!!  More on it in a later post.

I sewed it right up, making sure to leave a turning spot.

I couldn't believe how small the stitches were!  And the machine was much quieter than my other one.

I snipped the corners to make sure the opened nicely.

Once it was all sewn up I prepared to turn it.  I just recently figured out the easiest way to turn the fabric right side out.  Don't worry I will share. :)

 Take the corner opposite of the opening and place your thumb in the corner.

Push the fabric through until it starts to peek out of the open end.

Begin pulling the fabric out of the open end.

Gently pull the fabric closest to the corners right side out.

Use a chopstick or other long pointy object to push the corners completely out.

And here are the final products.

I still have enough fabric to make two more blankets.  :)

Happy sewing!

4 comments:

  1. I would love to claim one of the two blankets if you make them! :) Our little one is due Dec. 23. We should find out the gender in a little over a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just let me know what you are having and I can start working. I have some left over fabric that is more "boy" too.

      Delete
  2. What size are your blankets? They look to be about a foot square????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are about a foot square but I have made some larger than that too.

      Delete