Friday, June 22, 2012

Food Friday - Chick Pea Salad

This Food Friday is special.  I am sharing a recipe that I learned from my cousin while I was on my mini trip in May.

The Chick Pea Salad is so ridiculous easy and so very delicious.

The ingedients are a can of chick peas, grape tomatoes, green beans, and quinoa.  You will need the Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil.

You must wash the beans and tomatoes.  Strain and rinse the chick peas.

Steam those green beans (about 2-3 minutes because you want them to still be a little crispy).  I made the mistake of steaming the first batch for too long.  I got the second batch just right.

Once the beans are steamed, cut them in 1/2 or to whatever size is prefered.

Cut the tomatoes in 1/2.

Place the chick peas, green beans, and tomatoes into a bowl.

Mix in just a little bit of the balsamic and olive oil.  Then you are ready to go!

If you want to get more out of it, cook and add in the quinoa to make it more filling.  I just added the quiona onto my plate for dinner.

Please try it I bet you'll like it too.

And a big thanks to Malanie for sharing the recipe with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment