Thursday, June 21, 2012

Left Over Fabric Trick #1

The final item I made for Jackie's babe was a result of having left over jungle fabric from the shirt and blanket we made.  It was the perfect size for something that rhymes with willow. :)

When Jackie and I initially talked about using the extra fabric to make a pillow I thought just a plain edges pillow.  Nope she had other ideas.

The process started very similar to how I made the blanket.  Right sides together, organize, and then pin the ribbons.  We put them in the same pattern as the taggie blanket we made.

When I sewed it closed I made sure to sew it twice.  Since we were going to stuff it I wanted to make sure that the edges wouldn't bust open.  If you look closely you can see the light blue and the light purple threads.

Then it was time for ironing.  I wanted the pillow to be nice and de-wrinkled before the stuffing got in there.

 We made a special trip to pick up the stuffing because we didn't plan to make a pillow in the first place.

 
Stuff, stuff, stuff.  We used about half of the bag by the time we were satisfied with it's fluffyness.

How did I stuff it you ask?  Why with a chopstick of course!

I asked how she wanted it closed and she just wanted it closed well.  Unfortunately I kinda did a messy job, but she didn't seem to mind it.

All completely finished and ready for some sleepy times with the little man!!

We got him all dressed (as you  have seen before and here) and showed him the new pillow.

We tried to get him to take a nap on it...

But he passed out on his blanket instead.
So if you ever have left over fabric from a blanket, try to make a little pillow to match!

No comments:

Post a Comment