Monday, June 25, 2012

What I'm Reading Monday - Last Summer

This past week I still managed to do some major reading even while out of town on vacation!

[Source]

I started and finished Last Summer (Of You & Me) by Ann Brashares.  It was quite funny that I picked that book to bring to New York as part of it was set in New York.  The story was about two sisters and their best friend.  It explores their adult relationships while looking into their joined past.  I enjoyed the story very much and felt a stronger connection due to the fact that I was in the city the story was partially set in.

I am getting farther and farther through this book and I am really enjoying it.  I still can't imagine being in the situation these characters are in.  I keep finding myself yelling at the car window because of something that happens or is said in the book.  I am sure that I look like a crazy person during those moments especially if there isn't any bad traffic around.


I did a bit of reading of Lola this week before we headed out for vacation on Thursday.  I am still enjoying it and can't wait to get back to reading since I didn't bring it with me on vacation.  Since it isn't my book I didn't want to lose or damage it.


I was able to read a few chapters of Undercover in High Heels.  Still can't seem to find a good time to just read read read to finally get it finished.  It is getting good though so maybe I can find time this week.

I am looking forward to being home and having time to do some more reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment