Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Gluten-Free Food Review - Pine 22

Not only is it a Gluten-Free Food Review, it is a gluten-free food review from a meal at a restaurant!!!

A few weeks ago, a group of us were chilling downtown.  After much chit chat and several of these
 we decided it was time for some grub.

A couple in our group knew of a burger place just right around the corner called Pine 22.  Due to the fact the place was on Pine Street #22.  Clever?  Yes, I agree.
[Source]
It was very cute inside.  It is a build your own burger place... I was completely overwhelmed...
[Source]
I am not the best when I have to make a decision.  And this menu made it 100 times harder.  I mean there were things I knew I didn't want, but still there were sooooo many choices!  Oh and this is only one side of the menu!!

Once I had decided to go with the lettuce bowl someone mentioned the sign in front of them said they now had gluten-free buns.  Choice now = 1000 times harder.  My dilemma: Do I go with the g/f and maybe it taste horrible or do I go for the safe choice and go with the lettuce?

My bf and the order taker helped me decide to pick the bun.  I was nervous.  Would it be millet based and hard?  Would it be more like Udi's and softer?

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised!

The bun was soft and squishy and cut very easily.  It did not taste bad at all!  I wolfed it down (I almost forgot to take a picture!) and wished I could have another one without busting my tummy.

The bun reminded me very much of a bun I had had long long long ago.  I did a quick little search and I couldn't find the brand that I am thinking off.

If you are in the Orlando area and need a gluten-free option, Pine 22 is a must stop.

Makes me want to go and have one right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment