Friday, July 13, 2012

Food Friday - My Birthday Cake!

Yes, I realized that it is two months after my birthday.  So what.  I am sharing the birthday cake that we (as in mostly Jon) made for me.

Last year Jon made me a Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Yellow Cake and I wanted another one this year.

The recipe is really easy.  All you need is the mix, eggs, oil, and water!  Super easy.  I wanted it to be cute so we bought some chocolate icing and silver sugar sprinkles.

Mixing everything up is pretty easy but it fluffs up like marshmallow.  It tends to travel up the beaters all of the way to the top.  You want to watch out for that because it is sneaky and work its way up into the beater slots.

We added in the sugars and mixed it a little more.

Jon split the cake into two cake pans and into the oven they went.

We did the toothpick test and they seemed to be cooked in the middle.  They looked just like what a normal cake would look like.

I didn't get shot of it all dressed up in icing, but I did get a shot of it once we cut into it.  MMMmmmmm.  So delicious.  If my friends had not been told they were eating gluten-free they would have never known.  It's that good!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment