Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gluten-Free Food Review - Jet Blue Shape Up!


As Jon and I were planning our trip to New York we had to decide what airline to book.  It ended up that Jet Blue was the cheapest.  Fine but what goodies did you get on the flight?

We found out that they have boxes of snacks that you can buy.  In reading around Jon found out that one of them was gluten-free!  I knew that I had to buy one on our way to New York and maybe one on the way back...

Once at the airport I was supposed to ask about the gluten-free box when I checked in.  Nope, forgot.  I got to the gate and asked then.  The lady had no idea what I was talking about and said that if the flight was too short they wouldn't do snacks.  Ummm, no snacks?!  I was ready to pitch a fit but Jon told me to wait until we got on the plane to speak with the stewardesses.

I asked for the Shape Up box once the snacks were announced.  THEY HAD THEM!!!!  I think the cost was about $5 to $6.

I was so excited and happy!  Of course I had to take pictures of the whole thing!

I wad dying to get into the box but an obligatory photo first.
I opened it and I about screamed!  I loved everything in there and couldn't wait.  And there was even a word search!!


There was hummus and crackers (which I have had the crackers before).  The hummus was plain but very good.

There were olives, but they were green.  I was not sure about them at first as I normally don't like them at all.

I thought the information on the back was interesting.

I decided to go for it since I had bought them.  I found that they didn't have quite the green olive taste that I hated.  By the time I got to the end of them I wished I had another baggie of them!  I want to try to find them so I can bring them for snacks at work.

There was a box of raisins and a bag of almonds.  I decided I could save those for later since I had some in my trail mix I had made for the trip.

I was excited to see a cookie.  It was by Pamela's (a brand I am familiar with).  I was pleasantly surprised at how good and fresh it tasted.  I am not exactly the biggest fan of their products.

They even sneaked a mint in there for when you were done.  I saved that too. :)

Oh and yes, I did do the word search. :)

Later on in the flight they did the free snack.  I always get annoyed with the free snacks because most of the times it is something I really shouldn't have.  Well this time they had something I knew I could.

I LOVE Terra Chips.  I had never seen blue ones and had to have them.


They were awesome.  I want to not only find the blue chips but also find blue potatoes... anyone know where I could find some?

So if you are in need of an airline with definite gluten-free snacks Jet Blue is the one.

Happy traveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment