Monday, July 30, 2012

What I'm Reading Monday - Tricks

I know that I have been MIA these past days, but I am here today!

I have been busy reading due to a lack of going to do anything else.


I finished up Bite Me.  Again I love love loved it.  I have talked about how many times books don't have a true ending and I am extremely critical of how books end.  Keeping that in mind, I felt as though an additional book could have been written with how the book ended.  However, I was satisfied with how this book ended.  I do not feel cheated or anything.

I have gotten a few more chapters into Alibi in High Heels.  Almost all of the main characters are in Paris now and I can't wait for it to heat up.

[Source]

I started and finished Tricks by Ellen Hopkins because to be honest you can't start one of her books without having to finish it immediately.  Now I have read quite a few of her books now and each of them have this ability to completely suck you in.  To the point where you truly feel that you are the characters in the book!  I can't recall many other authors that are able to do that with such intensity.  Okay to Tricks.  The book focuses on a group of kids (teenagers of various ages) who don't know each other.  They all manage to find themselves having to pull tricks (of variying degrees) to survive.  Now I would never ever do something like that to earn money, but in reading the book I felt as though I was pulling each trick being described!  It was such a relief to finish the book and give closure to the characters and feelings.  I have to say it was not as good as Crank, but what can you do.

[Source]
I started listening to The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens.  It took a little while to get into it.  First, because the reader is an older male and I had just listened to three books with a female.  Second, it felt like there was a lot of stuff to get through before the story really started.  I talked with Kellee about it and she said that it was because it is the first book in the series.  So I am about 4 discs in now and the story has picked up and I am enjoying it.

I hope to read more this week - and I might since I will be driving a bit this weekend.

I am also hoping that my tummy will finally level out and stop being annoying.

2 comments:

  1. Jim Dale, the narrator of Emerald Atlas, is one of the most award winning narrators- you'll get used to him and by the end you'll truly love him. He is the one that narrated Harry Potter.

    :) Happy reading this week and see you in about a week and a half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how he would be good with the Harry Potter characters. He is definitely growing on me. And I can't think of the word Screecher without hearing him say it in my head.

      Delete