Monday, July 9, 2012

What I'm Reading Monday - Love me some Vamps


Boy.  Did last week go by super crazy ridiculously fast for anyone else?  It was halfway through before I even blinked and then here I am and it's Monday!  I was productive this week though.

1) Called and complained to the apartment office far too many times for them to finally do what I needed them to do on Friday.
2) I did some updating to the blog because I figured out how to add widgets!  I know have a Follow me on Pinterest link, a counter to show how far along I am on my Goodreads 2012 reading challenge, and a visual of what books I am currently reading.  Super cool right?!
3) I sewed up a huge cute something for a friend that I got to see on Sunday night.  I will share that one (and all of the drama associated with it later).
4) Finally was able to vacuum since the above mentioned apartment drama was almost over.
5) Oh and I finished a few books. :)


First one I finished, Darth Paper.  I knew immediately when I started it that I didn't really like it.  It grew on me a little bit because since I started it I wanted to finish it.  Overall, you can seriously tell this was written for a younger audience.  If you have a teen and they love Star Wars they would enjoy this book.  I realized a third of the way through that this was a sequel to another book but you didn't really need to have read the first book to understand what was going on in this one.  Also listening to the book I found that this is probably a book better suited to be actually read via the paperbook.

[Source]
The second one I finished was the first issue of Fairest.  Now, I have had this issue since pretty much the day is came out... months and months ago.  As you can tell I am a bit behind.  I was a little disappointed because it starts off the story with a male character but I can tell that it is going to be just as good as the Fables comic.

I stayed up a bit late on 3rd of July to finish Lola and the Boy Next Door.  I have to say that I really really liked it up to the very end.  Now, I don't want to ruin it for anyone who has not read it but I just don't feel the ending was right.  I believe the true ending was foreshadowed but not chosen.  I did like it overall though.  I just fast-forwarded in their time and imagined my (better) ending for it.

I am still chugging along on Undercover in High Heels.  I am getting to the really good part where you don't want to put it down.  I can't wait to find out who the killer is!!

[Source]
The next audiobook that I started was Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher Moore.  And. I. Love. It.  I love the reader and I love how the story is written.  I am so happy that I have all three in the series.  I will be able to go right from one to the other to the final one!

I am thinking about catching up on the three other issues of Fairest that I have... might make Jon feel better for buying them individually for me versus waiting for the trade... :)

Can't believe it's Monday, but have a good one!!

2 comments:

  1. Yayayay!!! Such a productive reading week!
    I am so glad you like the Christopher Moore books- I really loved the one I listened to so it is good to hear that other ones of his are good.
    I cannot wait to read Fairest!

    See you tomorrow and happy reading this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read and liked Darth Paper, but I can how it wouldn't make a good audio book. It has lots of different fonts representing different kids, and then they write in each other's sections, and trying to narrate that all would be less effective.

    There really is an art to audio books? I LOVED Libby Bray reading her book _Beauty Queens_ so much that I didn't even sneak ahead in the paper version, which is unheard of for me.

    ReplyDelete