Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Gluten-Free In NYC!!

I was very worried heading up to New York because I didn't know how the restaurants dealt with gluten-free.  I have to say that I was very happily surprised!!!

On our first day in the city we went to The Grey Dog.  And in trying to figure out what I wanted to eat Jon mentioned that I was gluten-free.  The server immediately said that they had gluten-free bread and that any of the sandwiches on the board could be made with the gluten-free bread.

Let me reiterate - ANY OF THEM!  I was in heaven... and hell!  It made my decision so much harder!! 
 I finally ended up with a Cuban.  It was amazing and I wanted to transplant the restaurant to Orlando ASAP.  I have no idea what type of gluten-free bread they used but it was perfect.

In other gluten-free news: Of the three times I ordered tacos all three came with corn tortillas!!!  I was so happy that I didn't have to eat my tacos without the wrapping.  I do have to say that Jon was not so happy.  He likes the flour tortillas and decided he will not be ordering tacos in New York every again.

I have a special post coming next Wednesday about what I was able to order on the plane ride up to New York.  :)

[Source]
[Source]

I hope everyone is having a very happy and BBQ filled Fourth of July!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment