Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pinterest Pick - Home Ideas

My theme this week is home improvement.  We have been checking out houses and may have found one (keep your fingers crossed!).  All of this has got me thinking about what I would want to have in the house.  I have a bunch of ideas all rolled in to one post.

[Source]
I love this idea of a beverage drawer.  You can see above the drawer a wine cooler too.  I totally want this.  And I think this would be perfect for parties.

[Source]
This is a great laundry room idea.  Each person gets their own basket.  As it becomes full, the person then would have to bring their basket to their room to unload.  Even thought it would be just Jon and I, I still think it would be a great idea to incorporate into a new place.  The downfall with this idea is that most houses we have see have the laundry outside...

[Source]
I. Love. Swings.  My Grammie has always had porch swings at her houses and I couldn't imagine having a house without one.  But having eight?!  This would be perfect, especially if there is a fire pit in the middle.

[Source]
My experience with garages is that it becomes a pit of stuff everywhere.  I think this idea is great.  The lower cabinets of the stack slide out to become a step ladder to the higher ones.  This is awesome so that all of the cabinets can be accessible all of the time.  I see a draw back being that the area in front of the bottom steps must be clear at all times to allow for them to open.

[Source]
My final idea today is converting a closet door into a bookshelf.  It will act as a much prettier fixture than a boring door.  Plus it means that I have more places to put stuff.  :)

Here's to home makeovers!!

1 comment: