Monday, July 23, 2012

What I'm Reading Monday - Comics Crazy!

I managed to get some reading done this weekend.  You know, in between helping move my sister, visiting with Kellee, and cleaning.  So I did a lot this week.

So I finished You Suck in the middle of last week.  I loved it and immediately started the next one.  :)  But back to You Suck.  I still could not believe that the reader was able to have so many different characters voices that actually sounded individual!  The story kept moving and I just couldn't decide which way I thought it would go!  I also didn't see coming how the story would keep going because the city was saved, but....

[Source]

I am finding out how!  I am even almost all of the way through the third and final book in the series, Bite Me.  This one focuses on the newest vampire terrorizing the city.  I hate to ruin it for those that have not read it so I won't.  Tommy, Jody, the Emperor, the Animals, Rivera, Cavudo, Abby, and Fu, are all still in this story.  And the reader is still freaking amazing!  There are even more characters than the last book and her voices are still consistent and different from each other!!!  I have decided that I have to listen to the other books she has narrated because she is just that good.

Anyway.
I am still reading Alibi in High Heels.  I am actually past chapter 3!  I am reading this one faster than the other one.  There is a killer on the loose who is copycatting a past attack with Maddie's brand new line of shoes!!  Her man Ramirez knows about it and is on his way to Paris!  I can't wait to see what happens next.

BTW, these are out of order.  I took a shot from here and edited it in PicMonkey.

Then Sunday I went comic reading crazy.  Jon had laid out (mind you a year ago) some comics that he thought I would enjoy.  A set about Spider-Man and another set about the X-Men.  Well it took me this long to read them, but I liked the ones I read.   I read issues 1-3 of Ultimate Fallout: Spider-Man No More.  Basically it picks up after Spider-Man has been killed.  It is focusing on who was involved and how people are dealing with the loss.  And since I have been watching all of the Marvel movies I know how pretty much all the characters are!

Missed out on seeing a friend this weekend.  I'm really bummed about that.

Regardless, have a great Monday!!

4 comments:

  1. :( Sorry you didn't get to see your friend :( But you got to see me and Mike :):):)

    What a great reading week! I hope you are loving the third one too.
    What are you going to listen to next?

    Happy reading this week and I'll miss seeing you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the third one! I just finished it the other day and started the Emerald Atlas one.

      I also decided to start another hard back book (I am crazy right?!) and am over 1/3 of the way through that one.

      I can see from your pics that you are having a great time with the fam. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Those are some hardcore comics! I am completely lost in a comic book store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I luckily didn't have to pick them out myself. Jon is the one that is really into the comics, but I think he is trying to get me into them too. I have a stack that I want to try to read this weekend. I might have a whole bunch more to share on Monday!!

      Delete