Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Gluten-Free Food Review - Zevia Soda

So initially had written about Glutino Crackers and was getting ready to post when I thought to check and make sure I had not reviewed them before.  Somehow in doing that I completely lost what I had written tonight and replaced it with the post I had done before.  Color me annoyed because I was just going to post it anyway.

Which leads me to this review (since I had lost my last one) of the Zevia sodas.  I had heard of them in The Belly Fat Cure books I borrowed from a coworker.

It is a soda with all natural sweeteners.  Which means no sugar.  Which means I can drink them without getting my itchy dry eyes! Oh and on top of that they were gluten-free.  I had to find them.

Fast foward a few weeks, Jon and I were at the local health food store.  I can not go in there without going through each isle.  Just in case there is something new I want to try!

Well we happened to go down the soda isle first and there they were.  I think they had at least 8 different flavors!  I had a really hard time deciding but I went with the ginger ale.  Now I am super glad I did because I have had a tummy ache for the past three days and hopefully the ginger ale I drank tonight (yea totally forgot we had these hidden in the back of the fridge) will make me feel better.


As you can see no sugars and just about everything else is very low... well except for the sodium.  But I imagine that is still a lot lower than a regular soda.

I was so excited that I had to have one when we got home.

I have to be honest with you.  I thought it tasted like a diet soda.  I really dislike diet soda but I put up with it because I knew that at least this soda wasn't entirely bad for me.  I never really got used to the diet taste but I did enjoy the soda.

I just had one tonight and by the end of the can (and I stretched that baby out as far as I could) I didn't really notice it tasting weird.  Maybe I am finally at the conditioning phase where it starts to taste "normal" to me.

If you see then you have got to check them out.  They have a bunch of flavors and once the last can is gone tomorrow I am going to buy myself some more.  Ooo maybe the strawberry... or cream soda...

No comments:

Post a Comment